Barry is informed performance’s mixed martial arts coach. Barry started his coaching career at the age of 24, and in 2003 started his own gym, K.O. Martial Arts. In June 2009, K.O. became a part of Informed Performance gym, offering the best in grappling, mixed martial arts and striking coaching alongside dedicated Strength & Conditioning training. Barry has coached primary and secondary schools, drug awareness programmes, law enforcement and military personnel, public health care workers, as well as staff of firms in the public and private sector . He is a highly sought after coach for private individuals, has recently worked as a commentator for the Cage Contender series of fight shows shown on Setanta Sports and his articles have published on the web and in print.
In addition to his work as MMA coach at Informed Performance, Barry also promotes and organises combat sports events including the popular Fight Before Christmas MMA show and submission wrestling tournaments for adults and children. He claims to spend most of his time “in the gym or in the car going to the gym”. He competes and trains alongside the fighters and grappling competitors at Informed Performance and can most often be found on the mats practising his favourite sport of grappling.
For details on the MMA training available at Informed Performance, fight show sponsorship and promotion or private tuition, you can contact Barry on 085-8320174 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director of Combat Sports with Informed Performance
- Competed at national and international level in Taekwondo
- 2nd degree black belt in Taekwondo
- Competed at amateur and professional level in MMA
- Coach to many succesful Irish MMA fighters
- Purple belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
- Multiple medalist in national level BJJ and grappling competitions
- Promoter of The Fight Before Christmas, The I.P. Submission Tournaments, The Irish Amateur Combat Championships, The Submission Mini Leagues
- Commentator with Cage Contender on Setanta Sports T.V.
- Sole representative of Drysdale Jiu Jitsu in Ireland (www.drysdalejiujitsu.com)
- Coach to amateur and professional Mixed Martial Arts fighters